I hope there’s one crazy party in heaven on Friday’s, and you have to get dressed up and everything to attend the celebration. I imagine you wearing red lipstick in heaven, and your hair is ligthened and you have a glow around you. It’s wierd because I never once saw you wear red lipstick.
Because it’s Friday I’ll keep things lighter. I’m simply going to list all the things I loved about you, enjoy!
- Your smile
- Your “I love Lucy” moments – like that one time when you sucked your hair up in the vaccumm trying to vacuum under the couch, lol!
- Your concern for manners; you taught us yes ma’am, thank you, please, no sir, and to always clean our friend’s houses – “Give them a reason to invite ya back.”
- The way you danced like no one was watching
- Your laugh, it was contagious! I hope to always be able to remember it…
- You always laughing at your children, you were so fun!
- Your pride in your work; everyone knew you were the best damn barber
- Your love for your children
- How you loved a clean house (and tried to get me as a teen to clean; you got lucky with Sierra! Hope’s clean now, too!)
- How much you adored Hope; she gave you so much joy when she was born
- Your love for Dad
- Your kind heart deep down
- Your beautiful eyes
- You always gave us your truth
- Your belief in God and Jesus
- Your desire for better (I believe you really did want to be better Momma)
- Your determination to make sure your girls were close
- Your made-from-scratch cornicopias on Thanksgiving
- Your love of all holidays
- Your acceptance of me and unconditional love (Lord, I gave ya hell!)
- Your love of make-up; you taught us girls how to do make up and braid hair
- Your chicken-fried steak, made just like Granny’s!!! Mmmmm, and that GRAVY!
Those are just a few. Have a rockin’ Friday in Heaven. I love you!
Love your eldest,